1. Remove as many sources of stress as possible
2. Seek help (from trained professionals as well as from friends)
3. Get active (walking, weightlifting, stretching, and other forms of exercise)
4. Practice mindfulness
Healthy Living at the Library continues at the Carpenter Branch on July 7 at 7 p.m. Join Philip Horn as he explains how to use Meditation for Stress Relief.
Books available at your library
- The 15 minute heart cure: the natural way to release stress and heal your heart in just minutes a day by John M. Kennedy and Jason Jennings.
- The stress answer: train your brain to conquer depression and anxiety in 45 days by Frank Lawlis.
- When the body says no: understanding the stress-disease connection by Gabor Maté.
- Stress-related disorders sourcebook edited by Amy L. Sutton.
- Success through stillness: meditation made simple by Russell Simmons.
- New beliefs, new brain: free yourself from stress and fear by Lisa Wimberger.
- Mindfulness: an eight-week plan for finding peace in a frantic world by Mark Williams and Danny Penman.